The company intends to develop a coal mine in the Limpopo Province for sale of coal to the local and export market. The Project Leader will oversee the mine infrastructure development up to transition to production.
PURPOSE OF ROLE
The Project Leader is responsible for the day to day running of the project and acts as the principal point of contact for all aspects on the site. They will manage, plan, control cost and deliver programme through sound safety and quality practices in line with business objectives.
The Project Leader interfaces with other staff responsible for HSE, geology, project control, DMR and procurement and ensure that the various contracts are completed safely, within schedule and budget.
- Review and approve detailed design for the project scope of works.
- Plan and schedule all mine development activities as required.
- Responsible for full implementation of the execution plan in the field.
- Manage contractors and subcontractors for the project.
- Delivery within required time, cost and quality.
- Construct the surface plant and infrastructure consistent with the detailed project execution plan and in accordance with the approved budget and time frames.
- Contractor and sub-contractor management.
- Minimise, review and recommend scope changes.
- Ensure that the contractors have the correct equipment and materials.
- Establish and operate all temporary facilities required to support the mine development activities of the project.
- Detailed testing plans, commissioning plans and handover plans.
- Dry and wet commissioning and hand over to the operating team.
- Provide timely progress updates.
- Technical areas include geology, mining, engineering, logistics.
- Experience in mine development project management of large projects (value > ZAR400 Million).
- Operational readiness and transition experience.
- General management experience.
QUALIFICATION AND SKILL
- Minimum 10 years’ experience demonstrated ability for project delivery.
- University degree in Mining or Engineering.
- Postgraduate qualification (Master’s degree, or equivalent) or relevant technical field e.g. Mine Manager’s Certificate, Mining Engineering, Geology, Surveying and Enviromentalist
- Qualification in Project Management.
- Commercially astute and able to work effectively with third parties
- Contract position – 2 year renewable
Please apply directly, by clicking on the Apply Button.