Mining Head Office, based in Johannesburg, has an opening for a Financial Accountant. CA(SA) with 5 years related post articles experience. Report to the Financial Manager and be responsible for a staff compliment of 3 in Finance.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Ensure that sound financial management and reporting practices are implemented and applied. Apply relevant policies, procedures and ensure compliance to internal controls.
Ensures effective, accurate and timely reporting to internal stakeholders.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND OUTPUTS
- Effective systems management of finance functions:
- Oversee the maintenance of general ledger, asset register, accounts payable and receivables, inventory control;
- Coordinate the end of month closing process to ensure all corporate deadlines are met and information is presented in accordance with IFRS;
- Assist in developing the strategic financial plan for the company;
- Supporting the company’s directors and managers with project control, namely budgets, profits and costs forecasts, cash forecasts etc.;
- Attend to audit matters of the company;
- Allocate work schedules to subordinates and set priorities for task completion;
- Ensure that the process flow in the system matches the requirements of the stakeholders;
- Communicate process problems to necessary people in order to resolve them.
- Effective application of necessary administration system:
- Monthly reporting on project performance with focus on the OPEX/CAPEX budgets;
- Collating, preparing and interpreting reports, budgets, accounts commentaries and financial statements to management;
- Developing and maintaining financial systems and internal control mechanisms;
- Compile accurate system reports;
- Produce monthly management accounts
- Ensure that system technical data is accurately captured and secure.
- Coal export
- Preparation and submission of the exporter’s documents required to export coal;
- Obtain documents from the importer to comply with regulations;
- Preparation of invoice and ensuring the export price is in line with contract, together with the supporting documents;
- Complete and submit customs documents and exchange control documents;
- Accounts receivable for export of coal.
- Preparation of monthly tax computation for month-end closing;
- Calculation and preparation of provisional tax payments;
- Completion and filing of annual tax returns;
- Preparation of monthly VAT reconciliations and completion of related monthly VAT returns;
- Preparation of deferred tax calculations.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- CA(SA qualification), MBA advantageous
- Five (5) years’ experience in accounting, financial analysis, external reporting (mining experience advantageous)
- Experience in preparing financial statements and related disclosures.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to work independently
- ERP experience required – SAGE 300 is preferred
Please apply directly, by clicking on the Apply Button.